A fellow blogger has given me the honor of a nomination for Beautiful Blogger award. Please head straight over to The View From a Slightly Twisted Angle to read all about life from a different perspective, good chance you will find parts of yourself in there. Make sure you read the one titled, Filling in the Gaps, it is a beautiful read. Thank you so much, Wedel Mom, for thinking of me with this nomination.
This is my first award, and I’m not good at accepting compliments, gifts or advice so I’m sure this will be awkward at best. Apparently I need to share little known facts now, after I have laid out way more details of my life in my blog already; my own Mom commented that she has learned a lot about me since I started writing a blog!
1) I love to drive fast. I drive a cute red sports car for dropping off and picking up children, I just wish I had more opportunities to drive!
2) Direct lighting makes me crazy, it is difficult for me to concentrate or keep my cool when all those lights are on overhead.
3) I enjoy writing in as few words as possible, it’s a challenge to me to try to make a point succinctly.
4) My mind gets blown each time someone new follows my blog, and if it’s a friend who chooses to come along it means the world to me.
5) I consider myself an investor. I love to invest my time and energy into people, ideas and organizations that I believe in.
6) I haven’t lived in the South officially in a long time, but I still crave intense heat and humidity. It’s like medicine for me.
Whew, now that that’s over with, I get to nominate some beautiful blogs of my own. Although I enjoy entertaining stories and funny essays, I find that I am drawn to blogs that teach or observe most. Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
Lessons of Mercy – she calls it like she’s sees it and I keep learning from her.
In-House Counsel – this is the blog that I look for each day, if only she would post that often! I am certain that we would be best friends if we knew each other.
YWinministry – I like the way she sees the world and her God.
JoAnna Hyatt – this woman teaches it well. Get a pencil.
Inputoutputmodule – poems and observations that use words like they should be.
Southernfinds – a Southern woman who enjoys shopping as much as I do.
This is the longest post I’ve written and I am way out of my comfort zone. I love the WordPress community because it is so supportive and I can learn and be entertained all at the same time.